The ICFloodingTM system comprises primarily of three pole mounted sets of solar powered electronics;
The Depth Measurement Sensor pole is positioned at the location most likely to be prone to flooding:
- This location measures the depth of water using both an ultrasonic sensor, and hydrostatic sensor;
- Measurements are automatically reports to both the Master and Slave Sign by an integral multi-channel 500mW UHF radio unit.
The Master Sign and Communications pole is positioned at the main approach to the potential flood area.
- This unit location checks either for approaching vehicles using radar, or pedestrians using long range PIR unit, and listens to communications sent from the water depth sensor unit.
- The unlit LED Warning Sign will illuminate when approached in a flood situation for a predetermined number of seconds, warning the driver that the Flood Warning is a 'Live Situation'.
- Using a password protected Bluetooth connection the settings and water level 'flood' threshold can be configured at this location.
The Slave Sign pole is positioned at the opposite approach to the potential flood area:
- This unit is identical to that at the Master Sign with the exception of the Bluetooth link.
- The LED Warning Sign at this location operates on the same water level threshold as the Master Sign.
Optional GSM Text or GPRS Emailing communications units can be connected to the Master Sign and send a text message or email in the event of a flood situation. This requires a standard SIM or Data SIM to operate.
The Sealed Maintenance-Free LED Warning Sign Faces use Low Power LED Technology.
The UHF units are multi channel and are licence exempt.